Our expert selection of broad-spectrum disinfectant is designed to disinfect environmental surfaces such as floors, walls, structures, ventilation and other equipment. We disinfect your home, office, and workplace by delivering a broad-spectrum disinfectant misting service, enabling us to disinfect large areas in a short amount of time, achieving maximum effectiveness and minimal downtime for your home or business.
The disinfectant application is dispersed in fine micron particles that will appear to hang in the air as they slowly settle onto all surfaces. This will result in the surfaces becoming moist for a short period after the treatment. This period is when the disinfectant takes action and the surface must be left to dry. There is no access to the space during this period which is typically 2 hours post completion of application, dependent on the ventilation of the premises.
● Services include bio-misting and hard surface wipe down for heavily contacted surfaces and high traffic areas (exclusions apply)
● To provide the most effective outcome for your property’s circumstances, we provide options for frequency of treatment, phased treatments and after hours availability.
● Spencer Pest proudly uses DSV an approved product on NY State DEC’s list of approved sanitizing products. Additionally, the EPA has determined that Nisus DSV is effective against SARS-CoV-2, the cause of COVID-19.
Our disinfectant service disinfects your environment for health, safety & peace of mind.
We recommend this sheet is distributed to your staff, so they understand the role they each play in effective prevention and treatment for your home or business.
Spencer Pest Services will not treat any premises where a reported or suspected case of COVID-19 has been reported within the previous 7 days.
The CDC recommends that the property be cleaned prior to the application of the product. This is the responsibility of the customer. Spencer Pest Services recommends that a full janitorial cleaning be conducted prior to our arrival for treatment and makes no promise that we will clean any surfaces or areas prior to applying our product.
The Customer will be provided with a preparation checklist that will need to be completed prior to our arrival to ensure that our service is fully effective. Following and completing this checklist is the sole responsibility of the customer.
How should I prepare my site before the service?
- The precautionary service is intended for premises with no reported or suspected cases of COVID-19 within the previous 7 days
- Ensure that all pilot lights are extinguished prior to the treatment
- A thorough sterilization cleaning of all areas to be treated should be conducted prior to the arrival of our Service Professionals.
- Remove all loose papers, cardboard boxes, or other paper products from surfaces to be treated
- Food and food preparation utensils should be put away or removed
- Open all operable interior doors
- Remove any objects you would not like to be exposed to the sterilization solution
- Remove any clutter or obstacle and ensure that there are clear pathways that allow our technicians unobstructed access to areas that are to be treated
- Leave all interior lights on
- Any living animal (pets) must leave the premises (ask about special preparations for fish tanks)
- Pet food bowls and water need to be emptied and put away
- Living plants do not need to be removed, but ensure they are not blocking areas that are to be treated
- Speak with our Service Professionals about any unique or unusual situations
- All medications MUST be away in cupboards or drawers
- All electrical equipment should be covered with plastic (e.g., keyboards and monitors)
- All HVAC systems and pilot lights must be shut off
- Any items being covered or removed should be sanitized prior with a safe product such as an alcohol-based wipe or aerosol spray
- Allow for a minimum of two (2) hours from completion of service before re-entry to treated areas