Local SC Pest Experts
Laurens, SC is a southern city that prides itself on being able to offer its residents the benefits of a close-knit, small-town community, in addition to excellent educational and economic opportunities. Laurens has everything you need to live a rich life. To help protect your home or business from the many pests that thrive in Laurens, South Carolina, turn to the pest control experts at Spencer Pest Services. We are a local pest control company that takes great pride and care in providing the effective pest control services that you need to protect your home, family, and/or business from insects, rodents, and other creatures. Just like you, we are moms, dads, and grandparents, and will treat you like we would our own family in finding a solution to any pest problem that presents itself in your home or business. Learn today why so many of your neighbors trust us to protect their property and family from annoying, dangerous and damaging South Carolina pests.
Residential Pest Control In Laurens, South Carolina
Spencer Pest Services to proud to offer our homeowners the year-round comprehensive pest control packages that are needed to protect their homes, kids, and pets from southern pests!
Our Complete Package is our most comprehensive package and offers basic pest control services to control more than 20 household pests. It also offers termite control through the Sentricon® System with Always Active™, seasonal mosquito treatments, outdoor flea and tick control and fire ant control.
Our Essential Package provides basic pest control coverage and termite control with Sentricon® with Always Active™.
All of our packages are guaranteed to ensure you the peace of mind needed to know that your home’s pest problems are going to be solved for good! Call us to learn more.
Tips To Avoid Carpenter Ant Damage In Laurens, SC
Carpenter ants are just like any other species of ants in many ways. They are usually found living outside and are attracted to homes and properties that offer them easy access to food and water sources. But carpenter ants are much more dangerous than many other species of ants, not because they cause health concerns for people, but because once they find their way inside of your home while foraging for food, they just may decide to stay and create satellite colonies inside of your home’s structural wood. Carpenter ant infestations can cause big problems for homeowners. If left untreated they can damage the structural integrity of your home and lead to costly repairs. To help prevent carpenter ants from choosing your home to invade we suggest the following:
- Store firewood up off of the ground and at least 20 ft from your home, try not to store firewood inside of your home for more than a couple of days at a time. Check for ants on firewood before bringing it into your home.
- Carpenter ants are attracted to moisture and water damaged wood. Replace wood in your home that has been damaged by water and make sure that gutters are working to direct water away from your home.
- Place dehumidifiers in basement areas and make sure that crawl spaces are well-ventilated.
- Caulk any cracks you find in the foundation or exterior walls of your home. Caulk gaps found around windows and doors and the spaces found around utility lines and pipes that are entering into your home.
- Trim branches and other vegetation back away from the exterior of your property; place a crushed stone barrier between any mulch or soil and the foundation of your home.
- Contact a professional pest control company at the first signs of these large black ants living in or around your home.
If you are seeing carpenter ants on your property in Laurens, contact Spencer Pest Control as soon as possible. Our highly trained professionals can provide the services needed to eliminate these damaging pests and to prevent new carpenter ants from being able to invade your property.
Commercial Pest Control Services In Laurens, SC
At Spencer Pest Services we understand the unique threats that pests pose to commercial properties which are located in the Upstate of South Carolina region, and we have a deep understanding of how to protect your facility from those threats in a responsible, industry-specific manner. Our professionals utilize the latest technologies and Integrated Pest Management strategies (biological controls, habitat modification services, exclusion techniques, sanitation improvements, and staff education plans) to protect your Laurens, SC business from pests and their damages. Other benefits to choosing Spencer for all your commercial pest control needs include fixed appointments so you never have to worry about scheduling or when we are arriving. We offer the peace of mind of same day emergency response services, and paperless reporting and documentation. To learn more about our commercial pest control services and the variety of industries we serve, get in touch with Spencer Pest Services today.
How To Spot A Bed Bug Infestation In Laurens, SC
Would you know if bed bugs have invaded your Laurens, SC property? Would you know if these tiny insects were living in your mattress, box spring, furniture, or in the walls? The best defense against highly invasive bed bugs is a good offense, and by good offense, we mean knowing how to quickly identify an infestation in your home so that you can call for professional help as quickly as possible! If bed bugs have hitchhiked their way into your home you may notice all or some of the following signs:
- Despite popular beliefs bed bug bites are NOT an accurate indicator of an infestation. Bed bug bites look very similar to many other insect bites and many people show no reaction at all to being bitten. However, if you do show a reaction to bed bug bites, their bites look very similar to mosquito bites and are often found in linear groups of three or four bites on skin that is exposed when you are sleeping.
- Finding adult bed bugs underneath of, or in the seams of mattresses and box springs. Adult bed bugs can also be found in places like the cracks of wooden furniture and walls, in the seams of upholstered furniture, behind baseboards, inside of computers or keyboards, and in many other areas of your structure.
- Noticing rusty or reddish stains on bed sheets or mattresses caused by bed bugs being crushed as you sleep or from blood dripping as they feed.
- Dark spots or streaks (bed bug excrement) found on linens, mattresses, and box springs.
- Noticing a sickly, sweet odor in your home. Many people liken this smell of a bed bug infestation to rotting raspberries.
If you ever find signs of bed bugs in your property in Laurens, contact the bed bug professionals at Spencer Pest Control immediately. Our professionals are ready to provide you with the services and treatments needed to win the battle against bed bugs!