July 3, 2019
The Fourth of July is one of the best days of summer. Parades, fireworks, and backyard BBQ’s are often the highlights of a day filled with fun and patriotism. If you’re planning a get together at your Greenville home this Independence Day, you may not have considered how quickly mosquitoes can ruin your festivities. Don’t let that happen! These steps will help you deter mosquitoes this July 4th.
Steps Greenville Residents Can Take to Deter Mosquitoes During July 4th
If you have a lot of mosquitoes on your property, there’s one reason that often outweighs all others—water. Mosquitoes require standing water to breed, and even a small amount is enough. However, the more stagnant water you have, the more mosquitoes you’ll have. Eliminating as much water on your property as possible, will go a long way in reducing the mosquito populations around your Greenville yard.
Follow the steps below to decrease the number of mosquitoes breeding in your yard.
- Remove, or frequently replace, the water in birdbaths and pet dishes.
- Clean out clogged gutters.
- Fill in low spots on your lawn and driveway.
- Cut back foliage so the sun can dry the ground below.
- Keep your grass trimmed short.
- Ensure drainage systems around your house are functioning properly.
- Drill small holes in the bottom of outdoor items that tend to collect water, such as planters or children’s toys.
The Best Way to Have a Mosquito-Free Fourth of July
While eliminating excess water around your property is helpful in reducing mosquitoes, an even more practical solution is to have a mosquito treatment done by Spencer Pest Services. Our mosquito treatments are perfect for special events, like a backyard July 4th barbecue. They target the areas where adult mosquitoes rest during the day and the areas that they are likely to breed.
For an enjoyable Independence Day, free of mosquitoes that love to ruin a backyard get-together, contact Spencer Pest Services for a one-time mosquito treatment. Happy Fourth of July!